Space Business and Management
- Bachelor of Industrial Engineering, MBA (University of Louvain, Belgium)
- MBA (University of Louvain, Belgium)
- Doctorate of Engineering (Technical University of Delft, the Netherlands)
- Has been with ESA since 1983 after initial activities in industry (construction, petrochemical). In ESA: project control and coordination on the Hermes project and the EUROMIR flights with Russia, among others. Former Head of the Coordination Office of the European Astronaut Centre in Cologne.
- Lecturer in Space Marketing (Technical University of Delft) and former visiting professor in Non-profit Marketing (Catholic University of Louvain).
- Founding Director of IISC (International Institute of Space Commerce)
- Former Dean and President of ISU (till 2018)
- President Emeritus of ISU
- Peeters, W.A., Incentives in Government Procurement Contracts. Public Procurement Law Review, No. 4, (1993).
- Peeters, W.A. and Sciacovelli, S., Communication related aspects in Multinational Missions. Journal of the British Interplanetary Society, Vol. 49 (3) (1996), pp. 113-120.
- Peeters, Walter A. R., Space Marketing. A European Perspective. (Kluwer Academic Publ., Dordrecht, Boston, 2000) ISBN 0-7923-6744-8. 352 p.
- Peeters, W., Space Commercialization Trends and Consequences for the Workforce. Acta Astronautica 53 (2003) pp. 833-840.
- Peeters, W. Space Marketing (in Chinese) (Caphbook, Beijing, 2004) ISBN 7-80144-866-9. 376 p.
- Peeters, W. and Madauss B. A proposed strategy against Cost Overruns in the space sector: the 5C approach. Journal of Space Policy 24(2), (2008), pp.80-89.
- Peeters, W., From suborbital space tourism to commercial personal spaceflight. Acta Astronautica 66 (2010), pp. 1625-1632.
- Peeters, W. Space Science: A cradle for philosophers, Astropolitics, 10 (2012), pp.27–38.
- Peeters, W., A Roadmap for Suborbital Commercial Passenger Spaceflight. New Space, Vol 1(2) (2013), pp.81-90.
- Peeters, W. et al., Private Human Access to Space, Vol.1 Suborbital Flights, (2014), IAA report SG 3.9, ISBN number: 978-2-917761-35-9.
- Peeters, W., Is New Space Lifting Off? Prospective Stratégique, Vol 45 (2016), pp.60-65.
- Peeters, W. Towards a definition of New Space? The entrepreneurial perspective. New Space Vol 6(3) (2018), pp. 187-190.
- Yuan Y. and Peeters, W., Rapid Growth of the Chinese commercial space sector, Astropolitics, Vol 17(3) (2019), pp. 191-207.
- Peeters, W., Damp, L. and Williams, P., Launching Smallsats. The Example of Southern launch, New Space Vol. 8(4) (2020), pp. 201-212.
- Peeters, W., The Role of Space Education in Africa, New Space, Vol. 9(1) (2021), pp. 27-32.
- Van Camp, C. and Peeters, W., A world without satellite data as a result of a global cyber-attack, Space Policy (2021).
- Peeters, W., Evolution of the Space Economy: Government Space to Commercial Space and New Space, Astropolitics, DOI: 10.1080/14777622.2021.1984001 (2022)
Other Activities and honors
- Co-chairman of WSC session (Houston, 2002)
- Co-chair Business & Management Department ISU SSPs
- Full Member of IAA (since 2018)
- Holder of Yuri Gagarin Medal
- Knight in French Légion d’Honneur
- Advisor on space activities in Baltic States, Ireland and Oman
- Member of the editorial board of Astropolitics Journal
- Associate Editor of NewSpace Journal