The first edition of an Executive Space Course in Seoul, South Korea was organized by the International Space University (ISU) and hosted by E&I Korea, represented by Prof. Tai Sik Lee, founder of E&I Korea. It was inaugurated by South Korean’s vice minister for Science and Technology, Mr Joo Young-chang. Mr. Lee, member of the national assembly representing Daejong was also in attendance.
The course took place from 21 to 25 November 2022 at the prestigious hotel “The Ambassador, Seoul”.
Twenty-five senior participants attended ESC22 Seoul representing both private and public organizations such as, amongst others, Korea Astronomy and Space Science Institute, Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST), SEMICOM, Enzychem Lifesciences, KairoSace, Korea Aerospace Research Institute (KARI), KT SAT, Uracle, Korea Aerospace Industries, Hanwha Systems, Hyundai Rotem.
The four-and-a-half-day course aimed to provide an introduction and overview of the space sector with a special focus on space security and defense.
The participants benefited from the following lecturers’ expertise:
- Pascale EHRENFREUND, President ISU, President COSPAR
- Bernard FOING, Director ILEWG EuroMoonMars and Professor, University Leiden (former ESA)
- Nicolas PETER, Professor of the Practice in Space Policy and International Affairs, ISU+ESA
- Serge PLATTARD, Space Security and Defense, Honorary Professor at University College London
- Gonglin SUN, Space System Engineering – Space Policy ISU
- Taiwo TEJUMOLA, Assistant Professor Space Applications – Space Engineering ISU
- Virginia WOTRING, Full Professor Human Performance in Space ISU
We thank all the participants for their active participation and interaction. We also like to express our sincere gratitude to the ESC22 Seoul host “E&I Korea” and professor Tai Sik Lee in particular. We look forward to further prosperous future collaborations.