– Promotes research in agriculture for development in universities in disadvantaged countries within the framework of international cooperation.
– Studies the Biotechnological Applications in the Production and Formulation of a new class of Bio-fertilizers with technologies based on renewable sources of phosphates and agro-industrial residues.
– Studies the organoleptic evaluation, combining the data of chemical and sensory analysis with Artificial Intelligence, with the aim of creating a ‘virtual language’ through an integrated computer framework, capable of detecting foods for natural ligands directed to taste receptors, to conceive a flavor predictor to be applied to European food products.
– Applies Emerging Technologies, Artificial Intelligence and Drones to
Main lines of research:
– Development of molecular markers for the detection of abiotic stress resistance characters in cereal crops for the Mediterranean area.
– Definition of morphophysiological selection criteria for the genetic improvement of cereals under Mediterranean environment.
– Ecophysiology of species of ecological value in Andalusia.
– Evaluation of agri-food products by means of spectral reflectance.
– Development of a new class of bio-fertilizers with technologies based on renewable sources of phosphates and agro-industrial residues.
– Agriculture 4.0
Training and Research:
Graduated in Pharmacy from the University of Granada with the qualification of Extraordinary Prize of Degree.
Doctor in Pharmacy with the qualification of Extraordinary Prize of Doctorate.
She belongs to the Department of Plant Physiology of the University of Granada. Institute of Biotechnology and the Research Group of the P.A.I. AGR123: “BIOTECHNOLOGY AND ECOPHYSIOLOGY OF CROPS AND PLANTS OF ECOLOGICAL INTEREST”, integrated in the Andalusian Institute of Biotechnology.
She has carried out the following projects as Principal Investigator:
– Physiology of the tritórdeo in Mediterranean conditions:
multidisciplinary approach for a transmediterranean collaboration azahar. Project CICYT AGL2005-07257-CO4-04.
– A new laboratory of Plant Physiology for the University of Jordan. Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Cooperation for Development. A1/036601/11. It promoted Research in Agriculture in arid zones, carrying out training to Researchers and mainly researchers from the University of Jordan, Syria, Kuwait and Libya.
– Virtual tongue to predIct the oRganoleptic profile of mediterranean IngredienTs and their effect on hUman hOmeostasis by means of an integrated compUtational multiphysicS platform (VIRTUOUS). H2020-MSCA-RISE-2019-872181